> news archive
> Uwyn releases QtUnit, a unit testing framework for c++ based on Qt
November 26, 2001
Unit testing has quickly been adopted as a indispensible component of software development.
The most mature tools are currently available for the Java platform, free solutions for other languages are most of the time an unpolished collection of classes and APIs.
Uwyn changes this by introducing QtUnit. A complete unit testing framework for C++ and Qt with associated tools. It contains everything one expects from a modern application and more :
- multi-threaded graphical and console test runners,
- project management,
- xml project files,
- integration with IDEs,
- detailed and flexible error reporting,
- support for a large variety of assertions,
- organization of test modules into shared libraries,
- automatic reloading of modules without leaving the GUI,
- very customizable,
- comprehensive preferences GUI,
- localized and internationalized,
- a cleanly layered API that makes it possible to use as much or as little as one requires.
QtUnit is available under the GPL license here.
Qt is a trademark of Trolltech AS.