- music, video and sound software
- dynamic web applications
- rich internet applications
- web 2.0 and ajax
- platform-independent programs
- interoperable web services
- transparent development process
- strong emphasis on open-source
- fanatical customer support
- modular and extensible toolkit
- standards-based development
Revolutionary Expressive Musical Performance Controller
Finally, a controller that unlocks the expressive potential of electronic sound generation
The promise of electronic sound generation was to produce any instrument sound you can imagine. However, if you've ever tried to play a convincing guitar, sax, violin, clarinet or cello solo on a MIDI keyboard, you've found it to sound static and lifeless because keyboards can't do much more than turn sounds on and off at different volumes. LinnStrument takes a new approach, capturing each finger's subtle movements in three dimensions for simultaneous fine control of note expression, pitch and timbre. With this level of expressive control, the promise of electronic sound generation is finally a reality.
Uwyn is the principle software developer of the LinnStrument's firmware and is contributing to the design of its UI and feature set along the way.